Reasons to have your carpets cleaned frequently – carpet cleaning companies frequently recommend that you clean your carpets on a regular basis. However, that cost money! You might be able to compare it to proper car maintenance of insurance on your real estate. It does cost, but the cost to clean frequently will most likely be less than the consequences of not cleaning. Listed are reasons why you should clean your carpet frequently.
Properly cleaning and maintaining carpets:
- Prolongs the life of carpeting – regular carpet cleaning, using the extraction method, will increase the life of carpets while protecting your floor covering investment. Carpet is expensive. Even cheap carpet is expensive, but will last longer if it is properly maintained.
- Protects the quality of indoor air – carpets trap airborne pollutants, however, those pollutants must be removed in order to protect the carpet and maintain air quality indoors.
- Makes carpet easier to maintain – carpet soiling is made up of dry soils. When carpets are kept clean, most dry soils are removed with vacuuming.
- Removes spots and stains – as with other soils, spots and stains can attract more soiling. Removing them protects carpeting from additional damage.
- Prevents buildup of allergens and bacteria – most soiling of carpets will results in additional buildup of unhealthy contaminants.
- Improves the appearance of any carpeted room – clean, well-maintained carpets say a lot about the cleanliness of a home or commercial facility.
- Improves worker morale – believe it or not, employees feel better about their work environment when it is clean, which includes the carpet.
- Carpet cleaning removes dust mites and/or bedbugs that might have found a home in your carpets.
- Carpet cleaning will help maintain the carpet’s warranty – many carpet warranties require that carpets be cleaned every 12-18 months using the extraction method.
Any single reason is sufficient to justify having your carpets cleaned frequently, but collectively, there is little left to doubt or argue that frequently cleaning your carpets is smart, safe and a good investment.
For more information call Kevin Amant at Amant’s Floor Care at (636) 458-2500. Amant’s Floor Care is the oldest family owned floor cleaning company in the St Louis metro area having been in business for 47 years. We are properly bonded and insured for your protection.