August 6, 2017/Protector is typically used for carpet cleaning but also can be used on your furniture. Essentially, when a spill happens, protector keeps the stain from penetrating the fibers. This is critical because when prevention fails, success in removing spills, is often contingent on getting to the source of the stain BEFORE it penetrates.
In addition, protector helps prevent your carpets from holding and retaining dirt. Time is of-the-essence in maximizing the effect of stains coming in contact with the fibers.
It is a common misconception that treated fabric is impervious to penetration. NO protection is absolute. However, fibers protected with fabric protector will soil more slowly and are more easily cleaned than unprotected fibers.
Protect all your investments, both carpet and furniture before you get that inevitable 1st spill. Call Amant’s Floor Care at 636-458-2500 to learn more and don’t forget to ask about the protector on your next carpet cleaning.
Amant’s Floor Care Difference
June 25, 2017-Amant’s Floor Care Difference
The Amant’s Floor Care Difference – Looking for a company for your floor care needs? Try the Amant’s difference. We have been in business since 1969 and we are your total floor care experts. Here’s why:
- Amant’s is the oldest floor care maintenance company in St. Louis.
- Amant’s technicians are reliable and IICRC and NTC trained and certified. Most of our technicians have been with us an average of 12 or more years.
- Amant’s stone restoration specialists are the only N.T.C. (National Training Centers) trained and certified technicians in the St. Louis region.
- Amant’s is a family owned business-not a franchise.
- Recommended by St. Louis finest floor dealers.
- Most important, its the long-lasting personal relationships we make with our valued customers. The majority of our business is repeat clientele.
- Member of the St. Louis Flooring Industry Council and National Member IICRC.
After 40 years of hard work, Amant’s Floor Care has earned the reputation of being the St. Louis area’s premiere carpet and hard surface restoration and maintenance company.
Amant’s Floor Care
17005 Manchester Road
Wildwood, MO 63040
Amants Floor Cleaning celebrating 48 years
May 8, 2017 – Amants Floor Care – We are proud to announce that this year is our 48th year of providing top-rated floor cleaning services to the St. Louis area.
The company was founded in 1969 by the current owner, Kevin Amant’s father, Steven Amant began the company providing carpet cleaning.
Today, the company is owned and led by Kevin Amant and has grown the company to include other services not provided by other competing floor cleaning companies in the city like hard surface floor cleaning, buffing and sealing. Many competitors avoid hard surface service due to the advanced skill required to provide superior hard surface services.
Our technicians have been employed by Amants on average of 20+ years. They are certified and well known and respected in the floor cleaning services industry in the St. Louis area.
In addition to the best staff available, we purchase the best equipment to assure a thorough floor cleaning service, possibly the best available.
Amants is recognized by Angie’s List as a Super Service Award Winner and rated A+ by the BBB (Better Business Bureau).
Our website goes into detail about the various types of hard surfaces that we clean/seal.
We did authorize the distribution of a press release announcing our 48th anniversary.
Amants Floor Care
17005 Manchester Rd
Wildwood, MO 63040
Phone: (636) 458-2500
Amant’s Floor Care – Tips for Maintaining, Cleaning & Protecting Your Stone
The three most important tasks that can be done on a daily basis to keep your stone looking new and extending the time before restoration is required: dust mop, dust mop & dust mop. The most destructive material to stone is dust, dirt, sand, small gravel and miscellaneous grit. This can be performed by using a non-treated dry dust mop or a vacuum with NO wheels and a soft bristle floor attachment.
ONLY use moisture when needed (example; spills, wet feet or muddy paws). If needed, must use neutral based cleaner or plain water. Never use an acid based cleaner, except vinegar or etching can occur.
All stone should have a penetrating sealer applied annually. This helps keep the stone and its grout from staining so quickly.
DO’S & DON’Ts
We strongly recommend that you follow these Do’s and Don’ts:
- Do dust mop floor frequently.
- Do clean surfaces with a neutral detergent or stone soap.
- Do thoroughly rinse and dry the surface with clean, clear water after washing.
- Do blot up spills immediately.
- Do protect floor surfaces with non-slip mats or area rugs and countertop surfaces with coasters, trivets or placements.
- Don’t use vinegar, lemon juice or other cleaners containing acids on marble, limestone, travertine or onyx surfaces.
- Don’t use cleaners that contain acid such as bathroom cleaners, grout cleaners or tub and tile cleaners.
- Don’t mix bleach and ammonia; this combination creates a toxic and lethal gas.
- Don’t ever mix chemicals together unless directions specifically instruct you to do so.
- Don’t use vacuum cleaners that are worn. The metal or plastic attachments or the wheels may scratch the stone’s surface.
Click to Download Critical Care Tips for Stone
Should you have more questions about maintaining, cleaning and protecting your stone please feel free to call Amant’s Floor Care at (636) 458-2500.